Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Hi there, riding buddies!

Well, a lot has changed since I last posted. My poor horse Fashion developed a condition that made her faint while I was riding her, which became a very dangerous situation! We took a crazy ride through the back country and were coming down a cliff when she flipped over on her side, pinning me under her on the edge of the cliff! I survived, but was scared and had to get 22 stitches in my arm. I was SO glad that I was wearing a helmet. Long story short, I decided to sell my girl after I got some medicine to keep her from fainting. I guess I just became a scaredy cat... can you blame me?

The family that bought Fashion promised to keep her on the medicine and planned to just do light riding, so she went to the perfect home. It was the hardest thing I have ever done, selling my baby, but it was for the best.

Be careful out there, and remember to ALWAYS wear your helmet!

And yes, I miss riding. So tell me about your experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment